Prometheus

On Mon, 09 May 2005 16:51:31 GMT, "Ken Moon"
wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote in message
.. .
Hello all,

SNIP ......
Looking forward to getting a good pile of blanks together for those
times when the lumber budget gets a bit slim.

==================

After you do this a few times, you'll find that "the lumber budget" will be
unnecessary except when you may want some specific exotic wood for a
project. But what can look more exotic than spalted maple??

That may be true if turning was my main hobby, but I like making
furniture as well, so unless I get myself a sawmill, I'll still be
visiting the lumber yard.

Of course your budget for chain saw and accessories may grow! (:-)

That is true... I'm already considering a chainsaw to replace the bow
saw, in case I find any heavy burls, and I have discovered that I do
indeed want a chuck for my midi lathe. That's the way it goes, I
guess... so many great tools, so little money!

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam