Andy Hall

Default Flushing a CH system

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:09:48 +0100, Richard Savage
wrote:

I'm flushing my 4 year old CH system and wondered about the best way to
ensure a complete flush of the chemicals and grot before refilling with
fresh water and inhibitor.

Should I drain from one point while feeding fresh water in from another,
distant, drain point using my garden hose?

Due to the construction of my house, all downstairs rads are fed from
the room above and are equipped with drain points.

Or to be really thorough, should I flush from each ground floor rad in turn?

TIA

Richard

You haven't said whether the system is sealed or open vented.

I've posted a suggested method a few times of really thorough cleaning
involving taking radiators outside and pressure washing through them.

You don't necessarily need to go to these lengths. but I would at
least flush through at each ground floor radiator if you can.

Remember that heating water containing iron is an indellible dye on
carpets and other things

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl