~Roy~

Default Boat rivet repair question from a friend

Find an airport and pay a visit to the local repair parts facility and
buy some aircraft grade rivets. Drill out the old rivets and use new
rivets, of aviation quality and you'll never be bothered with loose
rivets again. The rivets commonly used n alum boats are very solf "O"
but a good AD grade is slightly harder but still easy to set/buck.
ONly way to tell if you need oversize is by gauging the hole after
rivet is removed, as it can wollow from being loose and flexing.

On 9 May 2005 23:13:34 GMT, Ignoramus20962
wrote:

===Does anyone have any practical suggestions for my friend?
===Loose rivets.
===
===I am working on 1973 Starcraft aluminum boat. Some rivets are slightly
===loose. Should I just hammer them , or drill out and put new ones. I
===would think they could loose strength after being streched. Thanks for
===advice. They appear to have 1/8 diameter shank.