udarrell

We are NOT talking about a mere programmable thermostat, we are talking
about a simple computer program that gives you a digital read-out of the
BTU/hr the condenser is putting out while operating under a variation of
conditions.

In the future someone could make a lot of money designing a miniature add-on
computer that would show the owner and tech exactly the BTU/hr the unit was
operating at. All automobiles have a small computerized system and most have
a plug-in to trouble shoot them. Yes, a lot of equipment has that much now,
but what I am talking about would be a Value-added feature for the
manufacturers', the owners, and the techs. Wouldn't you like to like at a
digital read-out and know exactly the amount of BTUs/hr the unit was putting
out? (I would.)

There are a high percentage of older system units that are not putting out
anywhere near the rated BTU/hr. For example, there has to be a lot of 4-ton
systems operating at a mere 2½ to 3-tons. Sure you and I can find them and
correct the problems, but a lot of owners don't realize they have a 4-ton
system delivering 3 or 3½ tons. I know a guy right now that has a 1½ ton
system and he is only getting a little over one ton and he doesn't know it.
Yeah, I told him but he thinks I am kidding him. - udarrell

--
Air-Conditioning Manufacturing Companies - Adding Marketing Values to A/C
Equipment

"Jim" wrote in message

Sound pretty useless to me.

Shouldn't be any market except maybe for an hvac classroom.

On Tea, 3 May 2005 06:44:21 -0500, "udarrell"
wrote:

How would you like, Air Conditioner's with Computerized Digital Readouts

for
Efficiency Operation Verification?

This would be so easy to do that it is ridiculous that it was not done a
decade ago. We have had operational formulas for decades that could

easily
be incorporated into computer digital readouts, as well as,
total-computerized control of both the indoor blower and outdoor

condenser
systems.

The indoor computer would sense the dry bulb air temperature and the wet
bulb temperature (or humidity) and the temperature drop split, along with
the blower CFM. The computer program would then adjust the

ultra-efficient
variable speed blower to achieve the setpoints of the thermostat and
humidistat. It would satisfy the setpoint of the humidistat first, then

the
thermostat setpoint.

The outdoor computer would sense the air temperature and the condenser
discharge air temperature and pressure temperature and using the btu/hr
formula provide the digital readout of the actual btu/hr of heat being
transferred to the outside by the evaporator coil and the condenser.

The condenser's ultra-efficient variable speed motor would keep the
condenser pressure/temperature at a predetermined setpoint for optimal
efficiency of operation. The compressor would have a temperature

activated
crankcase heater to keep any condensed liquid refrigerant boiled out of

the
compressor's oil.

The charts and formulas I illustrate in my other air-conditioning pages
would be easily applicable to the specific operational specifications of

the
individual units.
- udarrell - Darrell