Nitroflea

Wow, I love talking to myself. :P

Made some progress: Bought a service manual for this camera and it has
LOTS of good info.

So if anybody else wants to know the 24-pin layout here it is:

1 - MAIN 6V
2 - GND (MAIN 6v)
3 - BATT CHARGE
4 - DC OUT
5 - NOTHING
6 - SERIAL CONT
7 - NOTHING
8 - POWER ON
9 - NOTHING
10 - VIDEO IN
11- NOTHING
12 - GND (VIDEO IN)
13 - NOTHING
14 - VIDEO OUT
15 - GND (AU LR OUT)
16 - GND (VIDEO OUT)
17 - AUDIO L OUT
18 - AUDIO (MONO) OUT
19 - AUDIO R OUT
20 - AU (MONO) GND
21 - GND (AU LR IN)
22 - AU (MONO) IN
23 - AUDIO L IN
24 - AUDIO R IN

Pin numbering starts in the corner with the two indentations.
If the camera is standing on it rubber feet with the tape deck facing
upwards, pin 1 is in the bottom right corner, pin 2 is the one above
that, pin 3 to the left of pin 1, etc.

I managed to put together a bit of a connector and got the VIDEO OUT
to work. 8)

Now, all I need to do is get the power to work 'cause my battery is
shot.
My problem is that I can't get the camera to power on. I don't quite
get how that power pin is supposed to work. Had a look at the serivce
manual and it shows that pin is simply hooked up to the other power
switches so how does that work? Am I just supposed to link that power
pin to ground or send a voltage down there or what? :?: