John Scheldroup

"DeepDiver" wrote in message ...
"John Scheldroup" wrote in message ...

To All:

On a scale of 1-4 with "1" the most corrosive and
"4" least corrosive, rate the following ?

Synthetic fluids
Water-soluble oils
Semi-synthetic fluids
Cascade

This is a false comparison. Automatic dishwasher detergent, like Cascade, contains Sodium Hypochlorite Sodium Silicate which is
corrosive to aluminum and can even etch glass, but AFAIK, has little effect on most common plastics. On the other hand, there are
plenty of solvents that do nothing to metals, yet will quickly dissolve many plastics.

Try this: mix up a concentrated solution of Cascade and water and soak a piece of PVC pipe in it. Now try soaking that same PVC in
a bath of methylene chloride. Next, try the same experiment with a piece of aluminum.

- Michael

Oh come on say it you got something against our American made dishwasher
pumps dontcha ?

Well, well, well ever visited a Midwestern farm ? You'll find some of the
friendliest most inventive people anywhere not to mention they got all sorts of
Mr. Wizard ways for a dishwasher pump so come on, come on when the cows
stop flushing the barn starts pumping

Ok ok nuffs nuff, your'e giving me a headache I gotta find my straw hat and
go feed the cows

John