joey

Posted Microsoft Works file to ABPW
Joey

"joey" wrote in message
Santa Monica House of Hardwoods was my mainstay but here are my new favs
based on selection and price
Assuming Los Angeles

1. Ganahl Lumber --Main lot in Anaheim has an excellent selection of
domestic HWs, very few exotics. They stock mangaris cypress, hickory. The
prices at Ganahl are [in my recent shopping trips] have been about 30%
cheaper than the local Santa Monica House of Hardwoods. SMH of HW used to

be
my mainstay.

2. Lane Stanton Vance City of Industry

Good selection of domestics not as deep as Ganahl but they have better
selection of exotics. Prices on domestics comparable to Ganahl.

3. Bonhoff in downtown LA. Carries rough stock, no experience with them

but
heard they have a good selection of both imports and exotics at rough

stock
prices.

I have word file with other places and maps if your interested

Joey

"jbclem" wrote in message
LA is a pretty large place, but I'd like to find out what the

recommended
hardwood
sources are here. Especially those with good prices.

John