Ed

Unplug the dryer, remove the back panel.
Look for a white plastic part near and to the left of the vent outlet, it
has two wires on it. Check this for continuity. On the heater can, near the
top, there is usually a device on the left side with two wires on it. Check
this for continuty. Your have now tested both thermal fuses.

"Sparky" wrote in message
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

I checked for juice, and there is power to the motor and the
element.

How did you check?

Multimeter. I wanted to make sure power was getting from the switch to the
timer to the rest of the unit, so I followed the wires.

Dead with no sounds...right?
A copy:

Q - My dryer is dead, what could do that ?

A - Common problems...

...door switch/door switch bracket...*thermal fuse open (
venting needs attention )...broken or burnt
wire...timer...motor...burnt power cord/plug...start switch (
especially the ones with a built in relay switch )

Interesting, I'll check the fuses and the switches once I figure out where
they all are in this dryer.

Thanks
Sparky