Appliance Repair Aid

Sparky wrote:
Howdy folks, hopefully a dryer guru can help me out here.

I have a Kenmore (whirlpool) electric dryer, and when I hit the

"start"
button on any setting, the drum will not rotate and the element does

not
heat up.

I tested continuity on the starter switch, and it's OK (plus, it

starts
the timer). I checked for juice, and there is power to the motor and

the
element.

I figured there is some sort of switch on the motor that is

preventing
it from starting, but I'm at a loss as to why I'd have juice going to

the element but no heat.

It's a model #C66912691 Type # 138-00 if that helps any.

Any information on what to check would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Sparky

Hi,

It's a model #C66912691

I got 110.66912691 to come up for me.

the drum will not rotate and the element does not heat up.

Be glad the heat will not work without the motor running! The heat will
not come one without the motor running.

I checked for juice, and there is power to the motor and the
element.

How did you check?

when I hit the "start" button on any setting, the drum will not

rotate
and the element does not heat up.

Dead with no sounds...right?
A copy:

Q - My dryer is dead, what could do that ?

A - Common problems...blown house fuse/tripped breaker ( electric
dryers need 2 )...loose white/neutral wire...broken belt ( on some
models only )...door switch/door switch bracket...*thermal fuse open (
venting needs attention )...broken or burnt
wire...timer...motor...burnt power cord/plug...start switch (
especially the ones with a built in relay switch )

* If you find a blown thermal fuse, always clean, change, adjust the
venting system and vent hood first

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/