frank1492

Thank you again. I knew Leviton made one but you never see them.
The GE looks good (will handle inductive loads) but I only found one
source and I'll bet it's pricey (but worth it maybe?)
If you are in the south, I believe that explains why the IM
works for you. The problem is definitely freeze-related and something
to do with the mechanical relay. I will let you know if I get more
info.
I guess you haven't used the Aube. I do know of one place that
carries these, but again they are rare.
Your time and effort on this has been MOST appreciated and
you have given me some very good leads! Thank you!
Frank.

On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:57:05 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

Travis Jordan wrote:
What functionality specifically are you looking for in a wall
timer....random on/off periods or fixed on/off periods (how many),
battery backup *yes*...what else?

Here's two wall switch timers that might work for you. Haven't tried
either one, so I can't vouch for their reliability.

http://www.grasslin.com/pdf/et724.pdf
http://www.smarthomepro.com/1122.html

Another option might be to eliminate the wall timer and install a
in-line industrial duty time switch at your electrical panel. Assuming
that the lighting you want to control is on it's own circuit, of course.

http://www.grasslin.com/gmx-e.html