jbclem

Not really large amounts...one thing I'd like to make a kitchen countertop, butcherblock
style, about 2 ft wide, 8-10 feet long. I'm told maple would be best, but I'm still
learning about this so I'm open to any kind of wood, though I like the look of maple. I
can go anywhere in LA, although Orange County would be a bit far, but East LA, the
Valley, South LA are within range.

John

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
ink.net...
jbclem wrote:
LA is a pretty large place, but I'd like to find out what the recommended hardwood
sources are here. Especially those with good prices.

1)What part of L/A?
2)What kind of wood?
3)How many board feet do you plan to buy?

Lew