Proctologically Violated©®

Not much can go wrong w/ centrifugals, as long as the motor itself is not
bad.
Mebbe amprobe the motor.
But, if the impeller itself is gunked up, then that would f'sure reduce your
pressure--basically just a wheel, then, spinning in coolant!
If back-blowing the line don't help, start sleuthing: disconnect hoses,
perhaps right at the pump outlet, see what happens w/ the flow.
I got nice pumps (for Hurcos) at Traverse Tool for $180. Similar to what's
on my fadal.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"john" wrote in message

Karl Townsend wrote:

The coolant pump on my Mazak M4 has slowed down to the point I can pee
that
fast.

I found a replacement at McMaster Carr:
http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?pagenum=286

Cast Iron Coolant Pumps for Foreign Machines - above tank. part number
99875K74 for $400.

OUCH! Anybody know of a less expensive replacement for a coolant pump?
FWIW,
the M4 has a lot of line to go through to get to the two turrets.

Or, is it worth taking the pump apart to see if its just gunked up? I put
water hose on end of the line and backflushed it today - no problems
found.
The pump is developing very little pressure.

Karl

Take your air nozzle and blow back through the coolant line. You might
have something stuck in the line, especially if you have been cutting
plastic.

John