wallster

"Unspecified brass is probably OK - but are you feeling lucky?

Jim"

Not really, that's why i bought a longer spud. The new spud appears to
be brass as well, I just thought it odd that copper can make acetylene
volatile yet brass is (approx) 70% copper. I dont doubt your statement
and I realize "brass" is a bit generic, but it still seems odd.
The biggest difference between my "cobbled" extension and the correct
regulator spud is the wall thickness (and the fact that it's one piece
and not three peices). I realize the cylinder pressure is about 300psi
but I will sleep better knowing that the proper application has been
applied.
Thanks for the insight Jim.
walt