Roger Shoaf

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
I have a client who is trying to figure out how to fix a large mirror
display for a trade show booth.

There is a 4' x 8' plate glass mirror bonded to an aluminum sheet using
VHB tape.
The frame got hit by a forklift and the glass is now being flexed out
1/4" in the middle.
Not good.

I figured out how to fix the frame, but it would require removing the
mirror.
Any ideas?

Perhaps you can thread some dental floss or thin piano wire between the
joint and cut through the tape. Some heat from a heat gun might help also.

Try the dental floss first as it is less likely to scratch the coating on
the back of the mirror.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.