udarrell

Possible iced evaporator coils. Defrost circuit may not be working.
Defrost Timer (advance it manually) or heating element, or open defrost
bi-metal stat..
Ice insulates the coils and there is little absorption of heat to lower
temperatures.
When it runs all the time the contents will end up being the temperature of
coil, --which is below freezing.

The evaporator fan may not be working, --hold the door switch closed and
check it.
If it has one, the defrost drain heater may be burnt out, allowing ice to
build up and that's blocking air flow, etc.
Six hundred to 800 should buy a good high efficiency rig.
- udarrell - Darrell
--
Air-Conditioning Manufacturing Companies - "Adding Marketing Values to A/C
Equipment"
"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
I've got an older Viking refrigerator (about 17 years old). It has always
worked perfect. I noticed three days ago that the milk, orange juice and
fresh veggies are freezing! The temp setting is on its lowest in the

fridge
and about half way in the freezer.

Other than a pooched fridge, what could be causing this? Is there a vent

or
something I can clean? Anything else thats simple? I'd hate to spend $1K
on a new fridge if I can squeeze another few years outta this girl.

bmoney