frank1492

Default Intermatic Wall Switch Timer EJ500C Fries!

I thought this successor to an earlier version (the one with the
mechanical relay) would solve its problems (premature failure
especially in cold environments.)
The EJ500C was connected in a simple circuit to a 60-W
bulb. It started to smell in under 2 minutes.
The run to the bulb IS 100 ft, buried wire, said you shouldn't
do that in the instructions. (WHYYYYYYY?)
Anybody else have this problem? Anybody know of a
similar switch that is reliable, not made by IM????
In my opinion, ALL Intermatic stuff is junk. Have had
problems with everything I have ever bought that they
make.
Help much appreciated!
Frank