AAvK

I think the close-up shot makes them look pretty look, maybe they could be
used for flattening and hogging off metal or initial sharpening, any opinions?

I just got the stones ("plates" really), the 3"x8" size is quite awesome. blue=180,
yellow=260, red=360 grits, can't rub off the grit with my fingers so far. These are
by_no_means "precision" and the steel plates are inaccurately aligned onto the PVC
bases by just a little. They are flat enough for the early "cruder" uses definitely, not
that I am an expert on judging this, but they "seem" perfectly flat.

"BR Tools" on the card, "Made in China" on the back, no grit size markings on the
plates. They seem like something that should be sold at HF perfectly. They are not
worth the "BIN" price of $44.95, especially considering the shipping cost of $8.90,
wait to bid at the end, everyone else does. I think they are entirely worth it.

Clint, you should email and ask if they will make an exception, tell them they are
impossible to find in Canada, and that you really need them.

--
Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com