IMM

Default Air conditioning in April - good grief

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:58:46 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:27:39 UTC, Andy Hall wrote:

Oh, wow... I didn't know that that was still around. I have

old copy of the desktop OS/2 Warp in the loft somewhere but haven't
run it for a very long time...

This is the latest version, with the latest fixpack no more than about

3
months old. Lots of it still around...and being marketed now as
eComStation by a third party.

One advantage of using NETBEUI is that there is no chance of a

security
'leak' even if I misconfigure the firewall...!

That's certainly true.... :-) For a smallish network it makes

good
sense.

Indeed...and despite IMM's ravings, it *is* a small network!

For a house it is huge. I would get the council onto you.

So size of network in a house represents a commercial enterprise?

I don't think so.

If a council were in the least bit interested (and they are not) it
would be issues like whether there are large numbers of trucks
delivering goods or a lack of off-street parking or possibly whether
there is an accompanying sweat shop.

Since the government and others is heavily encouraging lack of travel
by introducing disincentives for doing so like the congestion zones
and the London Underground then it would be rather hard to complain
about home working. They are even pushing "broadband", but no
cabinet minister knows what it is (or which day of the week it is
either).

As far as delivery of packets are concerned, almost all of mine come
over copper wire or microwave link, or if need be by Fedex.

This is not of interest to the council, or for that matter any of
their business.

I would get them onto you too, because of those snakes.