DanaK DanaK is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5p5
I think that the 230/208 would indicate that it could be wired for, or run on 208, but it had to running off of 220 at your house. First thing to check is the breaker, and if that's ok, check the receptacle itself. If you aren't comfortable doing this, get an electrician. It's not likely that the actual wires are the problem, and I doubt that it's much more than a quick service call for an electrician.
Ok, I thought if it said 230/208v that it wouldn't run on anything else - or burn something up due to low voltage or out of phase current.

I'll have to trace the line out to see where it goes. I've crimped some new forked connectors onto the plug terminals so it would have a better connection. He'd used a 10 or 8 guage stranded wire that had all kinds of loose ends sticking out.

Thanks.