George

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article ,

wrote:

No matter what width you use, make sure to
use the same amount of finish on both sides of the board to equalize
the moisture changes.

According to a recent article in Popular Woodworking (by Flexner, I

think),
this makes *no* difference at all to whether the tabletop will eventually
warp or not.

When I was working up the courage and gathering knowledge for my first DiY
cement pour (patio - the forerunner of the modern deck), I found an amazing
consensus among contractors. They said "sometimes cement cracks, sometimes
it doesn't."

Seems there are ways to guarantee failure, but none to guarantee success.

26 years later - no cracks. Saw it three years ago when visiting.