Larry Jaques

On Thu, 05 May 2005 19:11:08 GMT, the inscrutable "BillyBob"
spake:

Thanks all for the ideas - I do realize that 8X3 = 24 and not 25 but the
boards are about 8.5" each.

My main concern is the stability of the top to keep it from warping or
cupping. I will alternate the board grain directions for sure.

My favorite quote from Frank Klausz is "Yes, alternate growth
patterns. That gives you a nice ripple effect when it warps."

Has anyone actually used 8"+ boards for such a glue-up and how did it work?

He likes wide boards and puts the growth all the same direction but
with the best face up/out. No matter what width you use, make sure to
use the same amount of finish on both sides of the board to equalize
the moisture changes.

--
"Excess regulation and government spending destroy jobs and increase
unemployment. Every regulator we fire results in the creation of over

VOTE LIBERTARIAN OR YOU WON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.