Icepick

Thanks for the information.

Like most tools "you get what you pays for"

woodworker88 wrote:

No offense, but just FYI:
They aren't titanium coated bits. They are titanium nitride coated,
which is a micron thin coating applied to the cutting surfaces of the
bits. You are right about them being brittle, but this has to do with
the cheap steel the bits themselves are made out of, and not the TiN
coating. I managed to get my hands on some professional TiN bits
intended for machine shop use and they worked great in my drill press.
BTW, drill bits aren't the only tool with a TiN coating. High
performance end mills for machining are also coated.