Nitroflea

Default Sony CCD-V8AF-E Project

Hi,

I have an old Sony Video 8 AF camcorder (CCD-V8AF-E) and I've been
trying to figure out the layout of the 22-pin connector that is
supposed to come with the camera. I received the camera from somebody
else and didn't get much with it.
There is an adaptor that sony shipped with this camcorder and a few
others. The RFU-80UC which has a 22-pin Type 'D' connector that plugs
into the underside of the camera and provides RCA video in and out
capability.

I've searched far and wide for a schematic of these pins but come up
with nothing.
So, I decided to try figure them out manually. The problem is that I
think this adaptor could also provide power to the camera so I don't
want to damage anthing by crossing the wrong pins (I already blew the
fuse yesterday). And somebody blew the fuse in my multimeter as well
so I was left guessing.

Does anybody have experience with this old camcorder (from 1984 I
believe) that could give me some insight?
I will post some links to images of the camera and the adaptor if that
will help jog the memory.

Another thing I wanted to try was seperating the camera module form
the vcr module. Opening the casing up shows that these are actually
two nice seperate modules. The only thing is that there a couple
cables connecting various things. I was going to buy a service manual
I found online but thought to ask if anybody has one or could point me
to a free copy.

I would like to get the camera module to just output the video, then I
can send the video feed straight to a capture card in a pc I've set
up.
Can anybody help me with any pointers?

I'd like to keep this thread going as a 'project' of sorts and ask
that anybody with knowledge of the various sony video hardware
components would please post their views and ideas.

Thanks.