BillyBob

Thanks all for the ideas - I do realize that 8X3 = 24 and not 25 but the
boards are about 8.5" each.

My main concern is the stability of the top to keep it from warping or
cupping. I will alternate the board grain directions for sure.

Has anyone actually used 8"+ boards for such a glue-up and how did it work?

Thanks
BillyB

".HMFIC@1369" My wrote in message
Somewhere I read 3 inches as best (where? I don't remember) and that if

your
ripping them and cutting you turn over every other piece then glue 'em up!
top-bottom-top-bottom....

joe

"BillyBob" wrote in message
I am making the top for a TV cabinet (Mission Style) and it will be
25"x42"x1" - I have a good supply of 5/4 red oak and am wondering if it
would be wise to glue up 4" strips to make the top or just go with 3 -

8"
pieces? The wood is flatsawn and not quartersawn.

Any advise or comments appreciated. . .

BillyB