Doctor Evil

"[news]" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:
"[news]" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:
"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message

snip

The number of refused
asylum seekers actually removed
from the country is tiny. You also appear to
be confusing asylum seekers with illegal immigrants.

You are. Blair should have roasted Paxman on that silly question of

"do you
know how many illegal immigrants are in the country". Blair said he

didn't.
Does every illegal immigrant ring up Lunar House to tell them he is

here?
Does every terrorist ring up MI5 to tell them they are here? What a

DUMB
question. Blair should have roasted him.

it was a fair question, imo. blair crumbled. I would have had a bit

more respect
for blair if he'd have simply said 'no, I don't know but the estimate

of 500,000
sounds plausible' honesty is a virtue missing in politicos, even in

the dock.

Blair was trying to be nice and diplomatic. He would have gained more
respect by roasting Paxman, which he deserved for asking such a dumb
question.

no question is dumb. it was a valid question.

Does every illegal immigrant ring up Lunar House to tell them he is here?
Does every terrorist ring up MI5 to tell them they are here? How could
Blair know how many are out of the system.

and I don't think BBC1 primetime is
the right place for roastings.

Paxman acted like he was on Newsnight. Many would have loved Paxman to get
a roasting on primetime.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download