David Hearn

Default Not the usual SDS question

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , PM
writes

"Jonathan@Home" wrote in message
PM wrote:
Having 'found' a project (repointing) that lets me justify to SWMBO
why I should get an SDS drill, while perusing the Screwfix catalog
one thing struck me - the maximum depth quoted for masonry drilling,
even on fairly expensive drills, is often less than an inch. How is
this right? Surely SDS can go deeper than that! What have I missed?

If you are reading 22mm that is the diameter of the hole nots it's

depth

AAAARGH!!! I FEEL SO STUPID!!!! The actual phrase is "maximum capacity xx
mm"

Don't worry it made me smile :-)

Not sure an SDS is the tool for this sort of job though.

Yeah, before you know it, you're through the to the cavity and taking bricks
out on the inside!