mac davis

On Thu, 05 May 2005 01:38:13 GMT, Icepick wrote:

A local tool store is having a sale on a 7 piece Forstner wood bit
package. Regular price is $22.00 Can on sale for $8.00 Seems like it
is worth giving them a try for that price. Anyone tried a similar on '
sale ' on Forstner wood bit pack ?

on a similar topic - Has anyone tried those titanium coated drill bits ?
They are very brittle and are the worst twist drill bits I've ever
used. I will be sticking to HHS bits.

10-4

I bought the large set from harbor Freight last year.. 16 TIN bits from 1/4" to
2 1/8" for $30 US, with the usual intent: start with a cheap collection in a
nice box and replace the ones that were used a lot with good ones..

So far, they all still do a great job and if I need more I'll buy the same or a
similar set... I was thinking of buying a good quality 2 1/8" for chuck turning,
but that would be over twice the cost of another set of cheap ones.. YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing