Doug Miller

In article tciee.2471$Vu.1892@trnddc07, "BillyBob" wrote:
I am making the top for a TV cabinet (Mission Style) and it will be
25"x42"x1" - I have a good supply of 5/4 red oak and am wondering if it
would be wise to glue up 4" strips to make the top or just go with 3 - 8"
pieces? The wood is flatsawn and not quartersawn.

The limiting factor on the width of the boards making up your panel should be
the width of your jointer. If you have an 8" jointer, by all means use 8"
boards -- but you won't get a 25" wide panel out of *three* eight-inch boards.

--
Regards,