Bugs

Dominic Palazzola wrote:
ok then what do I need to braze with?
"jw" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am not sure that you can braze or solder 1/8" stock with a MAPP
torch. Can you bolt your joints? That would be very strong and

much
easier.

JW

You will need a torch that will heat the joint above the melting point
of the brazing metal, preferably an oxy-acetylene rig. The small
torches work fine for small work, but don't have the BTU's to heat a
larger piece of metal. I built a set of workbench legs out of 1-1/2"
square tubing by brazing with brass. That was over forty years ago and
I still work on that bench nearly every day. Silver solder would be
needlessly expensive for a project like this.
Bugs