Layne

This is what I did too. The bits are cheap and there is noticable
runout when spinning in the drill press. But, for making holes that
don't have to be exact they're fine. If, you're going to use them for
joinery like making mortises I'd buy a good (read: expensive) forstner
bit.

Layne

On Thu, 05 May 2005 02:47:22 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Icepick" wrote in message
A local tool store is having a sale on a 7 piece Forstner wood bit package.
Regular price is $22.00 Can on sale for $8.00 Seems like it is worth
giving them a try for that price. Anyone tried a similar on ' sale ' on
Forstner wood bit pack ?

Do they come in a wood box? I bought a low end set in a box. My plan was
to use them and replace them as needed but I still have the nice wood case
to keep them in. Of the seven piece set, I've replaced the 3/4" and 3/8" as
they are the ones I've used the most. The other sizes have only seen few
holes and they work well enough for that. It is a low cost way to have a
selection of bits on hand "just in case"