raden

In message , "[news]"
writes
Let's see:

yes, lets.

Anti-terror legislation

has it affected you ? no. is it likely to ? no unless you are a shoebomber.

It's affected a number of peace protesters who have been wrongly
arrested under said legislation

Trial without jury

has it affected you ? no. is it likely to ? not unless you are a mad bomber.

Or someone makes one of those mistakes which never happens, and you find
yourself in the dock

ID Cards

has it affected you ? no. is it likely to ? not for a long time, if ever.

Of course it will, as an expensive white elephant

Increasing use of PFI

has it affected you ? no, unless you benefit from a new hospital or
your kids benefit from a new college or school.

So, just because it doesn't affect you, these thisgs are OK ?

Just wait until one of them does

Wrecking the pension system (£5bn/yr raided)

evidence ?

Undemocratic upper house reform

how was the upper house democratic in the first place ?

I'd rather say - a total pigs ear of a reform

Student top-up fees (2001 manifesto commitment not to introduce them)
Electoral reform (1997 manifesto commitment to introduce it)

And that's off the top of my head. While I'd hate to have the Tories
back, New Labour has far too much in common with Thatcherism for me to
be able to vote Labour tomorrow. So it's gonna be a tactical vote this time.

pointless waste of a vote but it's your right to do with it what you want.

I beg to differ, every seat lost to NL means a more balanced, consensual
outcome

--
geoff