raden

In message , Clive
Summerfield writes
Dave wrote:
snip
Can't resist with the big day tomorrow!
I don't like Tony, I like the idiot Howard A LOT less! Apart from
illegally invading a foreign country (which the Tories would have
done anyway), and introducing Part P (they'd have probably done that
too) they've not done too badly at home. (this is where I duck!)

Let's see:

Anti-terror legislation
Trial without jury
ID Cards
Increasing use of PFI
Wrecking the pension system (£5bn/yr raided)
Undemocratic upper house reform
Student top-up fees (2001 manifesto commitment not to introduce them)
Electoral reform (1997 manifesto commitment to introduce it)

And that's off the top of my head. While I'd hate to have the Tories
back, New Labour has far too much in common with Thatcherism for me to
be able to vote Labour tomorrow. So it's gonna be a tactical vote this
time.

It says a lot for our political system when the best you can
realistically hope for is a hung parliament

--
geoff