Icepick

I don't know if they come in a wood box.

Very likely these wood bits are made in China of some type of carbon
steel , with some kind of heat treat. Since I'm drilling in softwood
they don't have to be the best . If I pick up a pack of these el'cheapo
Forstner bits then will report how they worked.

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Icepick" wrote in message

A local tool store is having a sale on a 7 piece Forstner wood bit package.
Regular price is $22.00 Can on sale for $8.00 Seems like it is worth
giving them a try for that price. Anyone tried a similar on ' sale ' on
Forstner wood bit pack ?

Do they come in a wood box? I bought a low end set in a box. My plan was
to use them and replace them as needed but I still have the nice wood case
to keep them in. Of the seven piece set, I've replaced the 3/4" and 3/8" as
they are the ones I've used the most. The other sizes have only seen few
holes and they work well enough for that. It is a low cost way to have a
selection of bits on hand "just in case"