Dominic Palazzola

no you where not discouraging I really do appreciate the input, I sort of
knew most of this that's why I was thinking the soldering vs. welding.
"DeepDiver" wrote in message
"Dominic Palazzola" wrote in
message ...

thank you for the input. so any of you fellas in s.e. Michigan?

No problem. I hope I wasn't too discouraging (regarding buying your own
MIG welder).

Here's a suggestion: whether you can find someone on this NG to assist
you, or if you have to hire out the job to a local shop, perhaps you could
arrange to watch the job (and maybe even get a little hands-on practice).
Watching and learning from a pro (or even an experienced hobbyist) will go
a long way towards getting you the experience you'll want if you choose to
buy your own MIG welder in the future. It might mean that you'll have to
buy your own hood, but you'll need one anyway if you're going to be doing
this yourself later.

Regards,
Michael