Don Foreman

On Tue, 3 May 2005 21:44:04 -0700, "Lane" lane (no spam) at
copperaccents dot com wrote:

"Dominic Palazzola" wrote in message
hi
I need to put together a 1" square tube 14 ga. stand. since I cant weld
will silver solder work or do I need to find a welder?
thanks
Dom

I'd pick brazing myself if I couldn't weld it. What kind of torch do you
have?
And what is your location, you might find someone here who'd do it for you
relatively inexpensively.
Lane

Silversolder is a brazing material. It will work here if you have
overlapping joints or tabs with some joint surface area. It's not
as good as welding for butt joints or T joints.

Someone in your area must have a wirefeed welder. This is a very
suitable job for a small MIG.