Thanks Alan for your reply, green wasn't available in the size and price
range I wanted so I went with the purple, I'll have it tonight, and play
with it tomorrow in the shop.

Jack

"Alan Black" wrote:
I have tried both and prefer the green, it is harder than blue and purple
and doesn't gum up.
Alan Black

wrote in message
McMaster has machinable wax in blue and purple colors, their site
doesn't mention the difference between the two color types, are they
different hardness? I'm gong to be machining a pattern on my
Bridgeport mill and I guess either one would work. Any suggestions?
After I get the pattern done I'm going to use it to make several copies
in resin and then use

those
for a Al casting pattern on a match plate.

Thanks

--
Jack Fisher
No clever sig.