Michael T

I think you are on to something as when I cycled the power the partial
closure problem went away. I should add that sometimes it also will not
OPEN all the way. It stops 1-2 feet from the fully open position.

Lucky me - I have a closing problem and an opening problem!

By the way, it is a 1/3 HP - not a 3/4 HP as I stated in my previous post.
The fact that Sears has this model (139.663701) in a list titled "Model
numbers that are no longer Available" makes me wonder if it is older than I
thought. Anyway I sent e-mail to Sears to see what they recommend.
Unfortunately when I bought the residence the owner's manual was not
included.

Thanks to all that replied.

Michael

"borgunit" wrote in message
news:1d192$42713314$455da0d2$11566@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Since you say it happens when it rains, I suspect moisture fouling up
electronics. You might try some Caig contact cleaner (Radio Shack) on
the controls (remote, wall, opener) and see if the issue goes away.