Adrian C

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

snipped agreed with stuff

You may LIKE all those subtle rumbles and resonances - lots of people do
- but they are in no way a sign of technical excellece.

But with me, it IS the recorded media that I have collected. I do have
(naturally as time marches on and things get remastered) a lot of CD
recordings that trounce over 'groove-crammed' tracks I still have on
vinyl. Play those CD's on a £50 player & the vinyl on that OTT £5000
(it's gone up now - your last post £1000! ah... Gold plating) and I
might agree (but the post-digital stuff in that £50 player will be
suspect still...)

I have though got a few LP's where it's the other way round - and even
though mechanical wow & flutter, clicks and scratches *might* diminish
the experience, It's still an experience which still keeps my deck
spinning and makes me yern to spend more money on this mechanical marvel
before audio shops of the world stops selling them.

Must get along to Wickes for some more concrete...

:-)
---
Adrian