Andrew McKay

Alan Holmes wrote:
The sealant around my bath is looking rather shabby!

Rather like me!(:-)

What should I use to clean the edge of the bath before
replacing the sealant?

Start with a sharp stanley knife. Cut thru the existing sealant. You may
be able to carefully pull off large chunks of the existing silicon
sealant. Remove as much sealant as possible by mechanical means.

Then buy some sealant eater - about a fiver for a small tube, more than
enough to do a bath. Apply this to the remaining sealant, then leave
according to the instructions (usually a couple of hours or so).

When you come back the sealant will have been "eaten", you can then
scrape the remains off. Re-apply the silicon eater if you have any
difficulty.

Then clean the area using methylated spirit - very important - it kills
the silicon eater!

Then apply new silicon sealant. Leave to cure. Job done.

Andrew

--
Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam