T i m

On Wed, 04 May 2005 13:37:07 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Well if you are anywhere near west suffolk, Ive got a direct drive
parallel tracking revox doing not much these days, with an ortofon in it.

You are very kind .. ( I'm not *near* wast suffolk but have been
known to go that way sometimes .. used to go to USAF Mildenhall quite
a bit). I also had a vertical tracking Sharp system. The record had to
be pushed onto the hub like a laptop CD drive. There were little in
the way of tracking errors (being parallel) and being vertical there
was no heavy arm to counterbalance and therefore low inerita? From
memory it worked fairly well but not the sort of thing you would find
on an audiophiles shopping list!

p.p.s. I bought some 'special 'Superglue' at the Model Engineering Exp
this year that is very good for bonding rubber. The guy demos it by
cutting through a large 'O' ring, dabing a drop of the stuff on the
end (butt) joint and 3 seconds later playing tug-of-war with the
biggest bloke standing nearby .. nearly pulled me over! blush

Yup. Its how I make tyres for the toy planes. Using bits of foam cord
from a vintage car parts supplier...

Is this 'toy' or RC model?

All the best ..

T i m