Mark Cooper

Please read my RETRACTION of the below post, which I have posted as a
separate topic today (Wednesday) (Not all Milwaukees are as they seem).

The vise I bought was not made by the Milwaukee tool company we are
otherwise referring to.

"Mark Cooper" wrote in message
news:1114962505.1a32806e744120ea3699dc1cb818f50e@t eranews...

Isnt that kind of like saying Ridgid is just Ryobi with a orange case?

If you accept his statement about B&D and DeWalt tools, the corollary is
that Milwaukee is just a Ryobi.

I just bought a $120 5" metalworking (utility) vise from Milwaukee. The
jaws won't clamp down in parallel, the pipe jaws are 1/4" out of
alignment, and the paint job is absolutely atrocious. Knowing I could
return it, I actually laughed out loud at the quality.

From my (albeit limited) experience, Milwaukee is just a red Ryobi.