Rob Morley

In article , "T i m"
says...
On Tue, 03 May 2005 23:27:00 GMT, raden wrote:

Well you're going to have to do some junior school maths (as I did) -
half the circumference of each of the flanges (if that's what you want
to call them and add twice the distance between centres (which won't be
exact as the belt doesn't come off at right angles, but wtf, it's close
enough. Take off a couple of mm for a bit of tension and convert it back
into a diameter ... find the closest

Thanks for that .. I think a bit of string wrapped round the belt path
then measured may be more accurate in this case as the drive motor is
pretty close to the platter flange? The 'issues' may be having
sufficient choice of lengths and knowing what is the 'correct'
tension?

Unless you have some strange design of turntable you should find a
belt that fits around the platten without falling off yet without
being tight is near enough the right size.