rrh

"Seri" wrote in message
oups.com...
I know this is probably just a matter of personal taste and preference,
but I thought I would ask as there may be some recommended guide lines.

I'm about to fit a kitchen counter top that's 670mm deep. The cabinets
in question are 600mm deep. My plan was to trim the counter top to
depth as 70mm seems like far too much, so the simple question is, what
is the recommended amount of over hang? Is it simply down to personal
preference? Is there a recommended amount to reduce drips and drops on
the cabinets underneath?

Any suggestions are welcomed

Thanks

Seri

Personally I would like 70mm if I could have it: better for preventing drips
etc. I suggest you go for whatever looks OK to you. However in one respect I
am quite glad that when I refitted my kitchen last year, I ended up with
only 20-30mm of overhang: the dishwasher cannot be pushed so far under the
worktop as to allow the steam from its door when opened to attack the
underside - instead it comes out into the open.