Lew Hodgett

Jim Bailey writes:

I acquired a used Delta 16" Drill press a while back and have just
begun
using it finally. The Chuck has a very slight bit of external rust and

doesn't spin easily - feel sort of 'gummy' to turn and I pretty much
have to
use the key.

How does one go about disassembling and cleaning a chuck ?

First things first, don't even think about trying to disassemble the
chuck, it becomes a total PITA.

Get a can of Kroil from Kano Labs in Nashville, TN and soak the chuck a
few days in it.

Remove and allow to drip dry, then oil with a light weight machine oil.

Something like 3 in 1 oil if they still make it?

Lew