Koz

McMaster has machinable wax in blue and purple colors, their site doesn't
mention the difference between the two color types, are they different
hardness? I'm gong to be machining a pattern on my Bridgeport mill and I
guess either one would work. Any suggestions? After I get the pattern
done I'm going to use it to make several copies in resin and then use those
for a Al casting pattern on a match plate.

Thanks

I don't know about the purple but the blue doesn't like small
protrusions. Little stuff sticking out has a tendency to break off in
machining. Other than that you can run full blast and whip out test fit
parts quickly.

By the way, if you re-cast it, the shrinkage rate is huge so don't
expect to recover any large blocks this way. Small blocks can be
re-cast from the chips and sawn pieces though which saves money as the
stuff is a little spendy.

Koz