JohnM

John Horner wrote:
The quality of the Chinese / Taiwanese stuff is definitely improving.

Indeed the quality of a lot of the Chinese stuff is clearly working it's way
up. Probably part of this is because first tier manufacturers have been
putting huge investments into factories in China and are driving the quality
levels up. Yesterday I was looking at a very nice Dewalt 14" chop saw ...
sure enough, Made in China. Funny, the price is still $200 .

I still have some cheap Fuller brand Made in Japan combination wrenches I
bought for next to nothing back in the early 1970s. At the time I thought I
would need to soon replace them with some good 'merican ones ... and they
are still working perfectly well after 30 years of use and abuse.

The Taiwan stuff is now mostly of very good to excellent quality and China
is moving on up.

John

Japanese stuff (well, some of it anyway) has been top quality for a lot
of years now.

John