Jerry Martes

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
John Normile wrote:

I am in the process of building a phase converter. After completing
the wiring and a day of troubleshooting, I find that 2 of 3 heaters
are bad. I need to find a source of used (read cheap) Allen Bradley
W60 heaters for a NEMA #1 magnetic starter.

I checked ebay, but would prefer not to wait for an auction to close.
Also googled without success (Out of stock & no reply). Anyone have
a source for these? I am located in the mid south, Central Arkansas.

Thanks
John Normile

Cheapest thing I can think of is to wire some copper wire in place of
the overloads. That'll get you up and going until an auction or two
close. - GWE

Grant and John

I'd wonder *if* you actually have need for the heaters that disconnect the
load when the operator is always present. That is, I thought the only
reason for the heaters was to disconnect the 3 phase load motor when it is
stalled and wont rotate even when power is supplied. An operator can
normally have access to the ON-OFF switch when the motor wont rotate when
power is applied, or the motor is seriously overloaded and the operator
doesnt detect the overloading.
I'd consider using the heaters a good idea. But, the lack of heaters in a
3 phase system after an idler, sure isnt a "show stopper" for me.

Jerry.