John Normile

Default Need Source for Overload Heaters

I am in the process of building a phase converter. After completing
the wiring and a day of troubleshooting, I find that 2 of 3 heaters
are bad. I need to find a source of used (read cheap) Allen Bradley
W60 heaters for a NEMA #1 magnetic starter.

I checked ebay, but would prefer not to wait for an auction to close.
Also googled without success (Out of stock & no reply). Anyone have
a source for these? I am located in the mid south, Central Arkansas.

Thanks
John Normile
Grant Erwin

John Normile wrote:

I am in the process of building a phase converter. After completing
the wiring and a day of troubleshooting, I find that 2 of 3 heaters
are bad. I need to find a source of used (read cheap) Allen Bradley
W60 heaters for a NEMA #1 magnetic starter.

I checked ebay, but would prefer not to wait for an auction to close.
Also googled without success (Out of stock & no reply). Anyone have
a source for these? I am located in the mid south, Central Arkansas.

Thanks
John Normile

Cheapest thing I can think of is to wire some copper wire in place of
the overloads. That'll get you up and going until an auction or two
close. - GWE
Jerry Martes

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
John Normile wrote:

I am in the process of building a phase converter. After completing
the wiring and a day of troubleshooting, I find that 2 of 3 heaters
are bad. I need to find a source of used (read cheap) Allen Bradley
W60 heaters for a NEMA #1 magnetic starter.

I checked ebay, but would prefer not to wait for an auction to close.
Also googled without success (Out of stock & no reply). Anyone have
a source for these? I am located in the mid south, Central Arkansas.

Thanks
John Normile

Cheapest thing I can think of is to wire some copper wire in place of
the overloads. That'll get you up and going until an auction or two
close. - GWE

Grant and John

I'd wonder *if* you actually have need for the heaters that disconnect the
load when the operator is always present. That is, I thought the only
reason for the heaters was to disconnect the 3 phase load motor when it is
stalled and wont rotate even when power is supplied. An operator can
normally have access to the ON-OFF switch when the motor wont rotate when
power is applied, or the motor is seriously overloaded and the operator
doesnt detect the overloading.
I'd consider using the heaters a good idea. But, the lack of heaters in a
3 phase system after an idler, sure isnt a "show stopper" for me.

Jerry.

Larry Naumann

John
Send me your address and I will send you some. How many do you need.one,
two or three.
Larry
In St. Louis, MO
"John Normile" wrote in message
.. .
I am in the process of building a phase converter. After completing
the wiring and a day of troubleshooting, I find that 2 of 3 heaters
are bad. I need to find a source of used (read cheap) Allen Bradley
W60 heaters for a NEMA #1 magnetic starter.

I checked ebay, but would prefer not to wait for an auction to close.
Also googled without success (Out of stock & no reply). Anyone have
a source for these? I am located in the mid south, Central Arkansas.

Thanks
John Normile

John Normile

I agree, the heaters can be "worked around". But I already have the
starter, and all the wiring is complete. So I will do it right and
get some heaters of the correct size, and not have to concern myself
with this detail.

And another RCM'er has offered some heaters, so that seems to be the
best of both worlds.

John

Try this Gunner Cliff Metalworking 417 April 26th 05 08:30 PM
OT - Delay, Delay Cliff Metalworking 127 April 21st 05 09:06 AM
HELP - replacing water heaters Harry Everhart Home Repair 13 March 7th 05 05:46 PM
Crappy night-time economy 7 electric heaters John Smith UK diy 31 July 11th 04 01:17 PM
Seeking info about MAYTAG Electric Water Heaters!!! Matthew Wanamaker Home Ownership 2 January 25th 04 04:00 AM