The Natural Philosopher

On 3 May 2005 04:20:01 -0700,
wrote:

Hi

The wife and I (well...more the wife) are looking to replace the
kitchen and are looking at MFI and IKEA as potential suppliers. The MFI
kitchen looks good and has a good price, but I would like anyone's
thoughts before I take the plunge.

Can anyone help?

People always take the mickey out of MFI kitchens. However, I have to
say that my parents had an MFI kitchen and I installed an MFI kitchen
around 7 years ago. I've been impressed with both.

The important thing is to go for solid wood surfaces and solid wood
doors.

wouldn't even say that. I put down standard chip tops and laminate doors
in the second kitchen, utility room and workshop. Good enough.

For decent units I went to arena kitchens online and got solid wood
tops, doors and really quite good carcasses - better than MFI anyway.

Worth a look.
www.arena-kitchens.co.uk .

Delivery was no worse than anywhere else, and as they said 'have a look
at the carcases in Hohn Lewis, since we use the same sources'

Graham