T i m

Default Turntable drive belt ..

Hi all,

My 14 yr old daughter has just bought herself a some 'records'
(remember them) from a boot sale and of couse we don't have anything
set-up to play them on (some Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Quo and ZZ Top btw
g!)

I dug out an old Hitachi turntable but the belt had turned into
liquorice ??? I tried a couple of different elastic bands but all I
could find was either too tight (short) or narrow (this deck needs
summat about 24" (61cm) long (circumference), 3/16" (5mm) wide and
about .5mm thick)?

I'm not sure I want to shell out £5.99 + p&p or so for a replacement
that may be only used for a few tracks so wondered if there were any
DIY alternatives out there please?

(And no animal intestine solutions thanks Mary!)

All the best ..

T i m